Dr. Treva Hodges, Mayor of Charlestown
The mayor is the executive official, and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the City of Charlestown. Pursuant to Indiana statute, the mayor’s responsibilities include:
- Enforcement of the ordinances of the city and the statutes of the state;
- Providing a statement of the finances and general condition of the city to the city legislative body at least once a year;
- Providing any information regarding city affairs that the legislative body requests;
- Recommending, in writing, to the legislative body actions that the executive considers proper;
- Calling special meetings of the legislative body when necessary;
- Supervising subordinate officers;
- Ensuring efficient government of the city;
- Filling vacancies in city offices when required;
- Signing all bonds, deeds, and contracts of the city and all licenses issued by the city; and
- The approval or veto of ordinances, orders, and resolutions of the city council.
Mayor Hodges began her first term in January, 2020.
Connect with Mayor Hodges by email to Mayor@CityofCharlestown.com or call 812-256-3422